Saturday, October 26, 2013

Consequences of Learning about the International Early Childhood Field



By browsing through the international web sites, I was able to come into contact with resources I could use in the future. These resources will give me additional perspective in the subjects I study.

I have learned about the many directions the early childhood field is taking and the many problems that are being solved. 

I have discovered that there are many interesting pod casts on World Forum Radio.

I have discovered that many countries have similar challenges with children who speak a language that is not the main language of the country they live in.

I feel more connected with early childhood professionals around the world and have come to realize that the solutions to the problems that I or others solve here can be shared with professionals around the world that have similar problems.

The goal that I have more myself and the early childhood field is to find ways to make it more likely that children will learn in their native language while becoming fluent in the language of the country they live in. 

Thanks to everyone for sharing the pod casts, web sites, and thoughts of early childhood professionals around the world!

5 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, I have enjoyed reading your blogs and learning about the things that you have gained understanding of. I also appreciated you having them posted in a timely manner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela,

      I was never sure if it the assignment was due on Saturday or Sunday. Posting early helped me concentrate on my assignment.

      Liz Thomas

      Delete
  2. Hello Elizabeth, that's awesome that you were able to connect with an international professional. That must have been an amazing experience. I have enjoyed reading your blogs, you have shared so much helpful information. Much success, with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz,
    I think your goal is wonderful, giving children appropriate opportunities to learn in their own language and gain a second language at the same time makes the learning process less stressful.
    I enjoyed your blog posts, discussions, and benefited a lot from your thoughtful ideas. thank you for sharing your experience, I look forward to seeing you again in future courses.
    Good luck
    Rawana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rawana,

    I hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete