Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Thanks and Goodbye. I Learned a lot



Hi Everybody,

I enjoyed getting to know everyone through their blogs. It has been great to know that all you, my blog mates, have been struggling through this course with me. Thanks for your interesting blogs and for just being there!

In this class, I have learned a lot of vocabulary about planning, designing, and conducting research, and I have learned that some research is partially designed after the research has started. I especially enjoyed the insights I gained this week about how participants can help create research designs. This ability of participants to collaborate with what a researcher is studying is what demonstrates that the nature of social research is so different than scientific research.

My challenge involved the difference between social and scientific research. Based on experience, I would have to say that it is much harder to control variables in social research. My solution to this challenge was to go with a mixed-methods design. 

I have a much greater respect for early childhood research professionals.

Bye Everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth,
    This has truly been a challenge for me. I never knew research was such a task to perform. I have enjoyed your comments and wish you all the best in the future. I am sure you will do well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Social research is more difficult! More and more I realize the world is not black and white! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Opal!

    Will you be taking a class in the next eight weeks?

    Liz Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Researching has been a difficult task but I think we all have gain knowlegde of what research really is. I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elizabeth,
    I must say you contributed so much in this class which was beneficial to me. I noticed your experience in research and I commend the effort you put in our discussion posts. Keep up the good work, and I pray the best for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Toluwalope,

    Thanks! I really enjoyed your posts as well!

    Liz Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Elizabeth, This course was a struggle for me and each time I would read your post it help me understand a little more and would say, wow, why didn't I think of that. You provided great feedback and I appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Latarsha!
    I am so glad to know that my posts did some good.
    Liz Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel that you were a big help with your discussion post. If I did not understand something I was able to read your post and get a better understanding about the topic. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete