Sunday, April 23, 2017



Deeply Felt Learnings

I really enjoyed the diversity course in this program. During the diversity course, I discovered some of the hardships that others had experienced because of their unique diversity. Later, in an adult teaching course, I had the opportunity of interviewing one of my colleagues who was of a more privileged background. I discovered, however, that she too had overcome some very difficult hardships.



From this course, I gained confidence in my own ability to design a program!

In one of my Walden courses, I discovered the link between pretending and learning to read. Both pretending and reading use symbols to create meaning.

I learned about intergenerational programs in my adult learning theories course!

Goals

I would like to start an intergenerational day care.

I would love to pay off my student loan!

Farewell Message

Dr. E.,

You are a great cheerleader! Thank you for all the encouragement. I wish you much success in your passion of igniting the passion of others!

My Colleagues,

I only knew you for this course because I took a year off to lower my stress and help my kidneys and heart murmur. Thank you so much especially for your encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to see the various places you work and your various passions! Thank you for helping me think deeply about my project!

Favorite Quotes

Never help a child with a task at which he feels he can succeed.”

– Maria Montessori

“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.”

– Frederick Douglass

“We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.”

– Stacia Tauscher

“Reading aloud with children is known to be the single most important activity for building the knowledge and skills they will eventually require for learning to read.”

– Marilyn Jager Adams

I am a big reader and a bigger read a louder. Liz Thomas

10 comments:

  1. Elizabeth,
    Great post! I agree the diversity taught in this program were great. I learned a lot about others that I did not know nor had I thought about before. Good luck in the future and I hope you reach your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer,

      Was your project related to nature? Someone at our school did a social work master's project at out school. It was an outside habitat with stumps in a circle in one part to hold class outside. Good luck to you as well!

      Delete
  2. Liz,
    I have enjoyed working with and getting to know you!!! I wish you all the best of luck on your intergenerational music program. I would love to hear how it goes, but I know it will be great!!! Thank you for all your help and support and I wish you all the very best!!!! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! If I ever visit you, I will tell you how it is going!

      Thanks again! Best to you!

      Delete
  3. Elizabeth,

    Thank you for your inspiring words through out the course. Your knowledge has shown through your discussion posts. I wish you the best in your future goal. I hope your program is successful and your health continues to improve.

    Sharonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth,
    I hope your health has improved. I have really appreciated reading your posts, so I am glad to have had you in my class this time. There are some non profits that if you work for them the federal government will forgive student loan debt. That's about all I know about it.

    I, too, found the coursework very challenging and actually quit a job I loved to take one less stressful so I could complete the coursework successfully. I then realized I needed to be back in my other role, as it fed my spirit. I was able to get back on but not in the same role. I am hoping the new role will continue to fulfill my spirit as the the other position did. It is so important to listen to waht your body is telling you.

    Good luck in your future,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elizabeth,

    I truly enjoyed your blog post this week. Job well done!! I wish you the best in all your endeavors as you continue to advocate for children and families within the early childhood field. Good luck, as you continue your educational journey. Making important changes and influences in the early childhood is vital. I believe in your goals, I agree paying off my student loans will be a challenge for all of us. Best wish!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have enjoyed reading your post and The video you up loaded let stay in touch Ella Peterson. Hope to see you In Graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you and good luck, Ella! You can send a note to me by posting a comment on this blog post. This post will be my official connection to my graduating class! I won't be able to make the graduation. If that changes, I will post it here.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elizabeth,
    I enjoyed reading your post. Best of luck to you on all of your future plans! I also want to start a child care center and although it may not be the same kind, I know we will both be successful!

    LeAnitra

    ReplyDelete