Friday, June 27, 2014

Hopes, Goals, and Thank Yous

Thank you to everyone for sharing your stories with me throughout this course!

My hope is that each early childhood professional would be conscious of the far reaching effect of his or her words and actions.

My goal for the early childhood field as that we will all become more and more aware of the wide variety of the ways people live and the wide variety of ways children learn and learn to value the unique knowledge that each child comes to school with, so that we can move closer to giving equal education to all children.

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth,
    I liked your comment "My hope is that each early childhood professional would be conscious of the far reaching effect of his or her words and actions".
    Sometimes I wonder how long ago di this concept reach the mainstream. I believe some older educators don't have a clue. Sometimes my daughter will tell me how the African American children are being treated unjustly at school. I try to make her understand that some people are just not aware that although we may look different, we are all human beings. I also hope more educators become aware and that the elders in educators take continuing education diversity courses so that they become aware. Good luck in future courses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth,
    Thank you for your words of experience and wisdom throughout this course. I agree that we should all be more aware of the diversities that make up our classrooms. It is a shame that there are so many that still live in a world of close mindedness and with blinders on. Each of us teachers brings in unique qualities into the classroom as does all students. With these qualities brings knowledge that should be shared so we like you said, "can move closer to giving equal education to all children". I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete