Monday, February 25, 2013

A Note of Thanks and Support


A Note of Thanks and Support

                Now that we have reached the end of our first eight weeks in our program, I want to thank group 2 for all your responses to my blogs and for your insights through discussion posts and blogs. I really appreciate that many of you have already been teachers and can open my eyes to the real world of education! I am sad that because I am taking an eight week break, the first since I started my undergrad program at Walden over three years ago, I may not see you in my classes in the summer, but I suspect that as we continue through the program, some of you may also take breaks, and I might see you again. These blogs have been a great way for us all to feel more connected. I want to encourage everyone to stay with this program as I stuck with my undergrad program. It seems that no matter what the degree is more college will help you do better in the professional world than less college.

                These eight weeks have given me time to think about my future career path. I needed time to figure out if I would be able to keep my present job and continue on in the special ed program. It doesn’t look very hopeful because the new special ed program requires even more field experience, so it looks almost certain that I will be continuing on in early ed unless I lose my job. Either way, some doors are closing, and some are opening. I look upon these doors as God as my shepherd guiding me with his staff to the way he wants me to go. This is a good thing because I am not very good at making decisions. I just try to bloom where I’m planted

                I hope to see you all again sometime!

Thanks again!

Liz Thomas

6 comments:

  1. Hi Liz,

    You were very helpful throughout this course. Thank you! I hope you enjoy your break. I also hope that your school/work situation works out, but I'm sure God has everything already worked out! I like your statement, " I just try to bloom where I'm planted." I hope to work with you again as well. Good luck, Liz!
    ~Ashley T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ashley.

    I surely will enjoy my break! I am glad I could be of some help. I don't spend too much time worrying about my future. I can't go wrong with more education one way or another.

    Thanks again!

    Liz Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Liz for all your continued support throughout this course. Your posts to both blogs and discussions have been nothing but inspirational and valuable. I really enjoyed reading everything you had to say. I completely agree that no class is a waste of time as every class you take teaches you something you never knew before.

    I wish you the best in your future. I too am facing some major bumps on my path that I will need to make decisions about in the next few weeks. I am hoping God guides me as he is guiding you. I know which ever way I chose I will be happy.

    Good Luck!

    ~Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Victoria!

    Good luck with your decisions! You should have seen me right before Christmas break because I had just figured out field experience would be a problem and there was no way to discuss this with anyone over Christmas break.

    Liz Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elizabeth,
    I have found your comments very helpful to me. I was disappointed to hear that you would not be continuing with us. I wish you every success in whatever you choose to do. Hope to meet you in future classes.

    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Nicola!

    I think there is a good chance I will see you again.

    Good Luck!

    Liz Thomas

    ReplyDelete