Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Additional Resources



Additional Resources

La Leche League International-          http://www.llli.org/  

The Attachment Parenting Book: A Commonsense Guide to Understanding and Nurturing your Child by William Sears, M.D., & Martha Sears, RN (2001) published by Little Brown and Company available on Kindle and Nook

50 Strategies for Communicating and Working with Diverse Families by Janet Gonzalez-Mena (2010) published by Pearson available on Kindle 

Touchpoints Birth to Three: Your Child’s Emotional and Behavioral Development by T. Barry Brazleton M. D. Revised with Joshua D. Sparrow M.D. (2006) published by De Capo Press available on Nook and Kindle

6 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Nice choices for additional resources. I am getting the resource by Janet Gonzalez-Mena,50 Strategies for Communicating and Working with Diverse Families.I chose her as one of my favorite contributors to the early childhood field. With her experience, I will make sure I use her as a resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In today's day and age, a day care professional should know how to deal with diverse people.

    Great Choice! I have it on Kindle. I am taking a break after this class and can enjoy reading books like that.

    Liz Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth

    I think the 50 strategies and touchpoints birth to three will be very essential resources for me as I continue my studies in the early childhood field. Learning the 50 strategies will be very helpful while trying to learn ways to communicate with diverse families. I definately do not want to find myself disrespecting any children or families who has lived a different lifestyle or has different beliefs as myself. Great resources, I will use them as guidance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the birth to three and the 50 Strategies for Communicating and Working with Diverse Families. I have a big interest in the development of children and with a baby here at home I could use this resource for not only my career but also with raising my own child. The 50 Strategies I come in good use both now and in the future as well. I deal with diverse families at my job now so this will be a big help. Thank you for your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth

    Your selections are awesome! I chose Janet Gonzalez-Mena for week 4 influential child care contributors. She is defiantly a pioneer in child care. I also liked your parenting book choice. As a new mom I am always on the lookout for successful parenting techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Latasha, Victoria, and Frances

    Thank you for your comments! I hope you will uses and enjoy these resources!

    Liz Thomas

    ReplyDelete